Tanning Prep & After Care
•Shave shower & exfoliate skin prior to tanning.
•Do not wear lotion or perfume.
•Wear open toed shoes to wear home.
•Bring loose fitted dark colored clothing to wear after tanning. Do Not wear jeans as it will rub the bronzer off.
•Remove make up prior to tanning.
•Prepare to not shower for 6-8 hours after tanning.
•Wait until the following morning to shower or sweat.
•Do not swim within 24 hours after spray tanning, as this will remove the sunless tanner.
•Use the Infinity Sun "Extend" Lotion to keep the skin hydrated.
•Use the Infinity Sun Aerosol "Glow on the Go" to touch up the face & body between tans.
This list will help assist you with tips on keeping your tan longer.
Listed below are products & procedures if your spray tan goes awry causing light, blotchy, or quickly fading results. Everyone has different skin tones & types, and uses different products.
- Do not use anti-acne products that exfoliate or dry the skin – Accutane and Salicylic acids may cause issues. Skin also peels, which can look unacceptable, especially with a tan. Antibiotics and other medications that affect your skin may also alter your tan.
- Do not use anti-aging products.
- Do not use toners containing Alcohols or Witch Hazel in higher amounts – examine the ingredient list. If either is in the top 3, problems may occur.
- Band-Aid or adhesive tape applied to skin will pull off the tan.
- Do not use bar soaps - especially deodorant or antibacterial varieties.
- Do not use BHA Products - Beta hydroxy acids, salicylic acids.
- Do not use body-hair bleach products.
- Do not use AHA products - Alpha hydroxy acids, glycolic, lactic, malic, citric and tartaric acids.
- Do not use insect spray, perfume, body spray - when applied directly onto skin, these elements can remove or fade the tan. As a substitute, we suggest to either spray clothing directly or disperse a "mist" of spray that you can walk through.
- A woman’s tan may develop differently during various hormonal changes; in the course of ovulation, menstruation or pregnancy. It may result as streaky, patchy, fade improperly or produce a lighter - or - no color outcome.
- Curél Lotion can unfavorably affect a sunless tan. • Dove soap, Dove shower gel, Victoria’s Secrets, Bath & Body Works can accelerate a tan to fade faster.
- Do not use facial masks and exfoliating scrubs. • Hair-inhibiting lotions & Jergen’s tend to make a sunless tan turn yellow.
- If you exercise and sweat heavily, your tan may fade more rapidly - especially in arm, knee and between breasts body-fold areas.
- During winter months, skin is often very dry which can make a tan expeditiously fade. We suggest applying Infinity Sun Extender hydrating moisturizer twice daily - directly on damp skin after showering and just before bedtime.
- Do not use wax or depilatory hair removal products (Nair, Veet, Neet etc.).
- Do not use “pore type” adhesive facial strips or “peel-off” masks.
- People with oily skin tend to develop a lighter tan than people with dry skin. While skin oils can coat the skin, dry skin absorbs products faster and can look darker.
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin) will cause faster fading.
- Shaving exfoliates your skin and can fade a tan. Do not use a dull razor, as it scrapes off more skin - and consequently - your tan. If shaving is necessary, we suggest using a sharp, clean razor along with a lubricating product. Hair conditioner works nicely and usually won’t interfere with your tan. To finish, wash off the conditioner.
- Do not use makeup-remover cleaning products or oils used to clean away eye makeup.
- Hot tubs or swimming pools contain chlorine that can act to bleach skin – thick, waterproof sunscreen lotions like Bullfrog can help protect skin. Long, hot baths can soften the skin and affect the tan on some people.
- Sweating feet inside footwear or behind knees and arm bends can fade a tan faster, or make the color look greenish or yellowish. Powder those areas with Gold Bond talcum powder.
- Do not bathe or shower using a loofah, scrub brush, exfoliating gloves or any other abrasive body cleansing item. Simply use your hands to gently wash your skin. Friction is a sunless tan killer.